Simulator solutions for nuclear, fossil or natural gas fired plants.
L3 MAPPS simulators provide superior real world power plant training. L3 MAPPS offers a variety of products and services including full scope simulators, part-task trainers, simulator retrofits and upgrades. We provide conception to completion turnkey systems, specific components, and simulator design tools as required by the customer.
With worldwide presence, a solid leadership position and the ability to provide any level of customer support, L3 MAPPS ensures the success of your simulator projects. Our simulators offer the highest quality in simulation fidelity and training to provide trainees and instructors with user-friendly tools for learning, controlling and exploring complex power plant systems.
The superior training environments of our simulators provide clear advantages for operator licensing, optimising plant operating procedures and reducing costs. Operators trained on L3 MAPPS simulator environments gain the skills necessary to increase plant performance, minimise downtime, and provide confident emergency response. Simulator uses include interactive team training, severe incident management, plant design testing, and startup/shutdown optimisation. L3 MAPPS' replica-quality hardware controls and touch-screen virtual panels create realistic and credible control environments.
Real-time response to operator actions and interactive instructor control ensure maximum training effectiveness and adaptability. Any scenario, no matter how complex or dangerous in a real plant, can be reproduced, monitored and varied in real-time, providing a valuable tool for training and plant engineering. Our commitment to customer support extends far beyond industry norms. L3 MAPPS' unique knowledge transfer program allows customers to gain expertise and total confidence in the simulator.
Users can directly implement simulator modifications to exactly reflect plant changes, evolve their training programs and expand simulator use into other areas.
Uses and advantages
Cost effective training for:
- Both experienced operators and new recruits
- Overall plant and individual system operation and control
- Team training to study interaction and improve performance
- Emergency plan implementation and incident management
- Command of malfunction and transient situations
- I&C familiarisation
- Plant process computer training and testing
- Classroom simulator training
- Operations optimisation, including startup and shutdown
- educed unplanned outages
- Improved plant safety
- Easy to upgrade simulator and keep current with plant
- Multiple configurations on one simulator
- Analysis of plant response to equipment and/or instrument failure
- Efficient plant design planning and upgrading